Two years ago I founded HLA Agency after a highly successful decade as an agent and producer across all media platforms: television, radio, online, print and publishing.
I deliver a bespoke service for my clients, tailoring my approach to their unique skill sets and aspirations, advising and supporting them every step of the way. I delight in finding the right editorial match for my clients.
Using my strengths – strategic marketing, networking and negotiating skills – I have landed great deals for my clients, securing long-term contracts and career moves and initiating lasting relationships between them and employers including the BBC, Sky, The Observer, British Airways High Life magazine, EE, BAFTA, MNC Saatchi, Waitrose, Virgin Atlantic, Random House, Canongate and PanMacmillan.
It is the experience and insider knowledge gained during my portfolio career that has made the difference.
- Producing for the BBC, Channel 4 and the hard-nosed world of commercial film production has given me an in-depth understanding of the production process
- Working as a booker on high-profile TV talk shows developed my keen eye for spotting talent and an understanding both of what producers look for and of the commissioning process
- Extensive experience of deal-making in the media means that I am a skilled negotiator able to achieve the best possible contracts and fees for clients
- Early experience as an actress has given me insight into the challenges facing on-screen talent
- Work in the field of developmental therapies has enhanced my capacity to nurture talent and to give personal support and encouragement
I prize honesty and integrity in my work. I value what I do, and take great pleasure in supporting my talent to achieve their ambitions.