As a sole agent I deliver a bespoke service for my clients, tailoring my approach to their unique skill sets and aspirations, advising and supporting them every step of the way. I delight in finding the right editorial match for my clients.
Using my strengths – strategic marketing, networking and negotiating skills – I have landed great deals for my clients, securing long-term contracts and career moves and initiating lasting relationships between HLA, my clients and their employers, including the BBC, Sky, The Observer, British Airways High Life magazine, EE, BAFTA, MNC Saatchi, Waitrose, Virgin Atlantic, Random House, Canongate and PanMacmillan.
The experience and insider knowledge I gained during my portfolio career makes a real difference.
- Producing for the BBC, for Channel 4, and in the hard-nosed world of commercial film production has given me inside experience and insight into the production process
- Working as a booker on high-profile TV talk shows developed my keen eye for spotting talent and my understanding of what producers look for, and how the commissioning process works
- Extensive experience of deal-making in the media means that I am a skilled negotiator, able to achieve the best possible contracts and fees for clients
- Early experience as an actress has given me insight into the challenges facing on-screen and on-stage talent
- Work in the field of developmental therapies has enhanced my capacity to nurture talent and to give personal support and encouragement
I prize honesty and integrity in my work. I value what I do, and take great pleasure in supporting my talent to achieve their ambitions.
HLA Agency’s current productions include:
Girls On Film, an all-female film show hosted by Anna Smith, chair of the London Film Critic’s Circle and film journalist extraordinaire. Film critics look at film from a female perspective, and guests talk about their work. Recent guests include Carey Mulligan and Andrea Riseborough
Kermode On Film, a film show hosted by Mark Kermode and podcast weekly on all podcast platforms
Mark Kermode Live in 3D, a monthly live stage show at the BFI Southbank in which Mark talks about what fires him up, what’s been happening in the film industry, and talks to guests from the film industry. Recent guests include Amma Asante, Michael Caine, Hugh Grant and Steve McQueen
In 2019 I was appointed Chair of the Board of Trustees of the Kneehigh Theatre Trust, the jewel in the crown of the UK’s touring theatre companies.